Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The word is out!

Well, it's official! We wanted to wait until we heard our sweet baby's heartbeat before we announced anything "publically" and WOW was it difficult keeping secret!

Yesterday at 4pm we had the long awaited appointment and I had no idea how exciting it would be! To wait for weeks in prayer and anticipation and then to finally get to hear our baby - this sweet blessing that only God could give!! I couldn't wait to rush home and share the news!

Today, I told my students and they were so excited! "Is it a boy or a girl?" "What are you going to name it?" "You don't look pregnant - where's the baby?" "Will we get to meet him/her?" "Can we come to your baby shower?" "Does it hurt when it kicks you?" "Can I feel your tummy?" Needless to say it was a challenge trying to get them to focus on academics today! After lunch a student said, "Mrs. Miller, I can see your baby - your belly is growing!" I could sense them staring at the mid-region all day hoping to see something amazing. :) One boy even slyly put his hand on my stomach as they were leaving the room for lunch - as he left I overheard him telling the other boys - "that baby is strong - like superman - Mrs. Miller's tummy is so hard!" :P

Here is the 11 week photo for my non-facebook friends :)

6 comments:

  1. It's starting to show ; ) I'm surprised they didn't notice it. Barbara is so happy (I have to remember to ask her if she knew before yesterday). Btw, I'm Olinda Brownell (my husband Ned is Barbara's cousin). I'm in facebook too if you want to add me. Congratulations to both of you (or should I say the three of you including the baby?) God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you started a blog!! Congradulations on your little one!! I look forward to "meeting" your little one online. We will have to meet up in person when we move back out west :o) Hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, you guys!! We're very happy for you! Your mom told me on Saturday and said something about a blog, so I thought I'd check it out. It will be fun to see your progress through this new adventure. We think of you often and are glad to know you are well (umm, sort of ;). You should almost be done with the morning sickness. There is an end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids say the funniest things. I am adding you to our list of bloggers...can't wait to keep up via your blog now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work!
    Creating the blog I mean.

    Ok, so good work creating the little person too.
    I've added you to my blog list.
    I'd love to get on yours.

    Hope to see ya'll some time this year. Not likely to happen before end of skiing though - bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohmygoodness! I'm so happy for you! CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete