Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Baby Miller's First Photoshoot

This weekend we visited the bay area...and while down my sister decided that she was still not convinced that I am only carrying one baby. Here in Mt. Shasta I only get one ultrasound - at 20 weeks...and she couldn't wait.

Apparently I look huge for 13 weeks?

I'll try not to take it personally. After all, I've only gained 2 pounds from my starting weight at 4 weeks along.

One of the perks of being a labor and delivery nurse is that she was able to ask a midwife that she works with to "scan" me and check. So, on Friday night at 10:30 Julie and her hubby, Reece & I went in and had an ultrasound done.

There is only one baby...one adorable baby :) Hopefully we'll be able to find out if it is a boy or girl at the end of May/beginning of June.


4 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you hadn't had an ultrasound yet. I didn't think you look HUGE, but you are for sure showing a bit. Isn't it so special to see that little one alive and squirming in there? What fun that Julie had such great connections...I need to talk to her because our insurance switches in May and I think she can recommend a doctor for me. I get to choose between Sutter or Jon Muier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gin! It was really wonderful to see what's in there :)

    Julie can definitely recommend doctors for John Muir - I don't know if she knows any at Sutter tho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. . .how fun! I know, we only got one ultrasound, too; I was wishing for more. It's so amazing to see that tiny person in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the ultrasound and my vast experiences in babies (ahemmm), I'd say it looks like a boy. You should pick out boy-names and you should probably first consider the wonderfully older name of "Dale". If that doesn't work for you, you might consider an even older name of "Ernest". Of course it's still your choice, but that is my input.

    ReplyDelete