Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 15, 2009

Funny Story...

I have one particular student that comes in half-asleep most mornings. This morning was different. He was quite awake - unusually so. As he walked in the room, I greeted him and he said nothing. He proceeded to dump his backpack on his desk and exclaimed, "Mrs. Miller, you don't have to worry!" Curious, I asked him what exactly I don't have to worry about (thinking he completed his homework or some other assignment), and he responded very 'matter of fact-ly':

"Last night I learned all about how to deliver a baby. So, if you need help or have an emergency, I am here for you. I watched a few movies with my dad and that was just disgusting. So instead I got on Google and read all about it. Now I'm ready."

A few minutes later a very concerned student came up to me and said, "Mrs. Miller, you might want to make sure that Mr. Miller is here when you deliver your baby. He (the student) doesn't always pay attention very well in class and who really knows if he was paying attention to how to deliver a baby - something bad could happen!"

LOL! I had no idea my "kids" were so concerned about how this whole thing is going to work!! I reassured them that IF I was at school when it was time, I would be able to get to the hospital for a doctor to deliver the baby since it is only about 2 minutes from the school.

Now, I hope I don't have nightmares about delivering in my classroom! :)

3 comments:

  1. That is TOOO funny- yes the kids can be reassured...because the baby won't come that fast....!!! I love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend having hot water and lots of towels at the ready in the nurse's station...

    ReplyDelete