Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Big Air!


the sun was shining
the snow was glistening
the air was calm

It was a beautiful day at the Mount Shasta Ski Park today.  
Reaghan and I went up in attempt to catch some photographs of the brave souls that were competing in the BIG AIR event.  

I couldn't ask for a more cooperative assistant.


As we enjoyed the practice rounds, and cringed with every faulty landing, I was continually reminded of why I am a spectator of such sports.  I. am. a. chicken. (and not afraid to admit it).

Chicken, however, is not the right word for this little fellow.  I just happened to stand near his proud mamma for one of my vantage points.  I learned that today is his 8th birthday, and he was absolutely thrilled to be spending the day flying through the air.  To make it even more special, he was the only boarder in his age group for today's competition (an automatic winner)!  This little guy started snowboarding when he was just 2 years old.  (Oh, AND, on his first practice run, he fell pretty hard on his landing.  The little trooper was back on his feet and hiking back to the top of the run within minutes, bloody nose and all!)


Here are just a few snapshots from the event - enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment